Thermo-Calc can help users understand the additive manufacturing process better to address the current problems associated with metal additive manufacturing.
Applications of Thermo-Calc to Additive Manufacturing include:
- Solidification simulation
- Phase evolution during heat treatment / post processes and homogenization process
- Phase transformations as a function of process parameters such as temperature, cooling rate, etc.
- Predict stable/metastable phase formation during AM
- Calculate thermodynamic driving forces and interfacial energies for precipitation
- Calculate heat capacity, enthalpy change due to phase change, specific heat, etc.
- Solid-state phase transformation
- Materials selection
- Offer input values for other modelling techniques such as finite element analysis (FEA), phase field modelling, etc.
Learn More about Thermo-Calc Applications to Additive Manufacturing