Below you will find a selection of papers published by Thermo-Calc users showing you some of the ways Thermo-Calc and DICTRA are being applied to welding and joining.
- Babu, S.S., 2009. Thermodynamic and kinetic models for describing microstructure evolution during joining of metals and alloys. International Materials Reviews, 54 (6), pp. 333367.
View the publication.
- Mizia, R.E. et al., 2013. Optimizing the Diffusion Welding Process for Alloy 800H: Thermodynamic, Diffusion Modeling, and Experimental Work. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 44(1), pp.154–161. View the publication.
- Gu, Y. et al., 2016. Non-isothermal prior austenite grain growth of a high-Nb X100 pipeline steel during a simulated welding heat cycle process. Materials & Design, 89, pp.589–596. View the publication.
- Schmitz, G.J., Böttger, B. & Apel, M., 2016. On the role of solidification modelling in Integrated Computational Materials Engineering “ICME.” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 117(1), p.12041. View the publication.
- Hunter, A.H. et al., 2015. Multi-component Cu-Strengthened Steel Welding Simulations: Atom Probe Tomography and Synchrotron X-ray Diffraction Analyses. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 46(7), pp.3117–3131.
View the publication.
- Srinivasan, G. et al., 2015. Weldability studies on borated stainless steel using Varestraint and Gleeble tests. Welding in the World, 59(1), pp.119–126. View the publication.
- Zhao, Y. et al., 2015. Carbon diffusion in dissimilar joints between P91 and 12Cr1MoV steels welded by different consumables at high temperature. Materials at High Temperatures, 32(6), pp.557–566. View the publication.
- Miotti Bettanini, A., 2014. Welding of high performance metal matrix composite materials: the ICME approach. Stockholm, Sweden: KTh Royal Institute of Technology. View the publication.
- Saghafifar, H., 2011. Microstructural stability of a nickel-based alloy overlay on a 2.25Cr1Mo steel substrate. View the publication.
- Zhang, Y., 2009. Changes in microstructure and mechanical properties of P91 weld metal during creep. View the publication.
- Tancret, F., 2007. Thermo-Calc and DICTRA simulation of constitutional liquation of gamma prime (γ′) during welding of Ni base superalloys. Computational Materials Science, 41(1), pp.13–19. View the publication.
- Jiang, C. & Liu, Z.-K., 2003. Computational investigation of constitutional liquation in Al–Cu alloys. Acta Materialia, 51(15), pp.4447–4459. View the publication..
- Haidemenopoulos, G.N., 2001. Coupled thermodynamic/kinetic analysis of diffusional transformations during laser hardening and laser welding. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 320(2), pp.302–307. View the publication.
Back to main welding page >>