We currently have one position open in our Pittsburgh, PA, USA office:
Technical Sales and Applications Specialist
Thermo-Calc Software is expanding our team in Pittsburgh, PA and seeks to hire a full time Technical Sales and Applications Specialist. The ideal candidate is passionate about using CALPHAD based tools to fill the knowledge gaps that exist in materials today. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with customers from industry, government and academia, and gain exposure to a wide range of materials and processes.
Send job application
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support for our range of software products and databases
- Maintain relationships with existing and potential end-use customers
- Provide technical support and consulting based around client and potential-client needs
- Provide training and instruction on using the software to provide insight and solve industrial problems
- Assist with writing proposals, technical papers, preparation of case studies and white papers
- Provide technical input to support marketing activities and product development
- Respond to incoming inquiries for Thermo-Calc Software’s products
- Proactively speak with existing or potential customers to understand their needs and identify suitable use cases of our software that would deliver value for them
- Prepare presentations for customer meetings and technical conferences
- Lead web meetings, teleconferences and face to face meetings with clients and prospects to answer technical questions, demonstrate our software and advance sales opportunities
- Assist with writing technical papers, white papers, articles and the preparation of case studies
- Attend trade shows and give conference presentations
- Deliver training courses
- Provide technical support, in particular calculation support, based around clients’ applications
- Experience of using CALPHAD based tools is a must, ideally with experience of using Thermo-Calc Software’s products
- Master’s degree (minimum) in materials science, mechanical engineering or related fields
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good organizational skills, be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Be able to travel (approx. 20-30%)
- Have a strong interest in materials development and the deployment and application of computational tools in the field of ICME and MGI
- Have an interest in business development and be a self-starter looking to succeed in a small business environment
- Thermo-Calc Software Inc will consider those who are legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Competitive range of fringe benefits including 401k, health insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest to them to Paul Mason via email at email@example.com. No phone calls without prior contact, please.